We all know that one person who has it all together. They really have the world by the tail, don’t they? Maybe they were just born with this crazy luck, or possibly, by chance, could it be that they strive and work exceptionally hard at being this healthy person?
There are many ways to view this particular person, but to actually want that happiness, health, and drive that they possess, well, as anything and everything else worth having in this world, it takes knowledge, will, perseverance, and most of all determination.
There are different ways to approach this change of self and, if the desire is truly there, you can make this powerful change for your mind wise, heart-wise, and weight wise brand new you!
In today’s post, I’m going to give you tips on helping you to achieve to be all you can be mind wise, heart-wise, and weight wise.
Mind Wise Exercises Tip # 1: Getting Your Head in the Game
We have all heard the timeless saying: mind over matter, right? That’s what I want you to be able to focus on, your mind. If you tell yourself that you can do something, that you can succeed, it can happen. But, the reverse is negative thoughts, negative thinking. Let’s just focus on the positive.
- You are where you’re at. This is your beginning. Take a good long look in the mirror because in a small amount of time, this will be where you were.
- In making your mind up to live a more positive, healthy life, you will feel better, stronger and happier.
- Your family, friends, and co-workers will soon see this new you begin to shine.
Mind Wise Exercises Tip # 2: Taking the Initiative
Now that you have made your mind up that you are tired of feeling down, tired of having the blues, and tired of being tired, it’s time to formulate a plan of action, your own plan of action. You see, you can look through magazines, books or tapes, or watch a hundred self-help videos, but the plan has to be your very own. Ask yourself these questions and answer honestly within yourself.
- How long have I thought about making a change within myself for the better?
- To live a happy, healthy life, what has got in my way in the past?
- Where do I begin?
Just so you don’t feel alone or funny about these 3 questions, I’ll show you my personal answers.
- Most of my life
- Anything and everything that I have allowed negativity to be empowered.
- I just did. By reading this, I comprehend that I want to make a positive change in the way I think about my health, my well-being, my happiness.
Heart Wise Exercises Tip # 1: Heart to Heart
You really think of your health when you lose someone, it doesn’t even have to be someone your extremely close to, just someone you know. When it’s a younger person, and these days fifties and sixties are still considered young and full of life, to heart problems, the first thing that crosses my mind is, did that person take care of themselves heart wise?
It’s not just setting up a healthy diet. Sure, there are a lot of good and natural foods that really have a great impact on your heart health, but there is more to taking heart wise care of your most important muscle.
When you eat right and exercise, you feel better, and more importantly, you will live longer!
I know that exercise can be grueling and at times even dull, but, here are a few suggestions of what I like to call heart wise fun!
- After dinner, take a twenty-minute walk, enjoy the outdoors while giving your heart and body a treat.
- Learn Michael Jackson’s Thriller dance! That will get your heart pumping!
- Take a jog with an old friend you haven’t seen in a while and catch up.
- Take the dog outside and play fetch, not only are you exercising, your pooch will thank you for it.
These are just a few ideas to have fun while staying healthy and keeping your heart happy and strong.
Get creative with this!
Heart Wise Exercises Tip # 2: A Burger a Day Can Make the Heart Pay
I know you have a busy life, there are appointments to keep up with, work, the family, it just goes on and on doesn’t it? It’s so much easier to grab a burger at lunch or dinner time than to plan a healthy meal or pack a lunch that’s good for you.
But do you know what this is doing to your body?
Sure, you can burn off the calories later with a jog, or exercise of your liking, but what about the cholesterol?
Yep, you guessed it, it goes straight to your heart.
Cholesterol is a risk factor for Coronary Heart Disease or CHD. The more Cholesterol, the more of a risk.
Check out these suggestions of great habits to get into for a healthier quicker meal plan:
- No extra time in the mornings? Pack a healthy lunch the night before.
- If you have to eat out at a fast food restaurant, grab a salad instead of a burger.
I am by no means saying to NEVER treat yourself, just think heart wise about it.
Remember, healthy heart, happy heart.
Ok, so we have just covered how to make your mind happy and fit as well as your heart happy and fit./span>
Let’s move on to making the rest of you fit as well!
Weight Wise Exercises
It’s a proven fact that nearly two-thirds of the American population is overweight, and I won’t say this lightly, it can hurt you, or even worse, take your life.
To be weight wise will take mind wise as well as heart wise into great consideration.
Are you seeing a pattern here?
Your mind tells you, hey! We might have a bit of an issue here, I believe we need to work off the extra pounds we have gained, now, this information travels to the heart, and your heart tells your mind, I know, I’m feeling it, so what do we do? Your mind contemplates the answer … We need to become weight-wise!
I have a friend, we’ll call her Laura. Laura is five feet four and was two hundred and sixty-one pounds. Laura was extremely sad and even hateful towards other people, especially skinny females, that just yanked her chains! She knew she was extremely overweight and sunk into a great depression about the matter. Laura never exercised and ate bad things to make herself feel better, but at the end of the day, it made matters worse because she would gain even more weight day after day, pound after pound.
Laura read and followed every crazy weight loss book she could find, she bought the expensive weight watching meals, she even tried to starve herself! None of these quick-fix plans seemed to have much weight loss effect for her, she about gave up.
Then she had an epiphany!
She was miserable heavy, and now miserable as well as stressed in trying to lose the weight, and truth be known, quite dangerous.
Then one day Laura decided that enough was enough. She knew she had to make a change, not only for her health but her sanity as well! She needed to get weight-wise.
Weight Wise Exercises Tip # 1: Take an Honest Look
When you look in the mirror, do you like what your reflection shows you? If not, take another look, an honest look, what would you like to change?
- Take off extra pounds/inches
- Tighten up belly
- Get rid of flab
- Be able to walk, jog, run without shortness of breath
Getting health wise healthy is not as difficult as you think. You don’t need fad diets, crazy expensive foods, and diet programs. It is simply a decision that you yourself want to be healthy, happy, and in shape.
Here are some fun examples to help you on your path to becoming Health-Wise:
- Remember how fun it was riding a bike when you were a kid? It still is, now it has more meaning.
- Get a trampoline for the backyard, you and the kids will have a blast, and who said exercising can’t be fun!
- Go for a swim! Did you know that you use every muscle in your entire body when you swim?
- Get your entire family involved with exercising, make it fun. Promoting good health and exercise for your children now will go a long way for their future health.
Do you know anyone who could use a great pick-me-up for this situation? I’m sure you do! Turn them on to this self-help article, heck, show them this BodHD site! We are here to help in your success, wellness, and become one happy, healthy human being!
Better yet, why not become a member? You can help your friends, family and the rest of the human race be health wise and earn a good income doing so. Click here to learn more.
You are an amazing one of a kind person that can make anything happen for yourself. I know that these tips will assist you in your journey in your claim to becoming Heart-wise, Mind wise and Weight-wise!
Thank you and have a great day!